Saturday, February 2, 2013

Studying Abroad at LVC


Spain.  Ireland.  Argentina.  England.  China.  Australia.  Germany.  France.  New Zealand.  Italy.
            The study abroad program here at LVC provides students who are interested in studying abroad give a diverse group of countries to choose from.  I met a lot of other students who were studying abroad when I was in London, and in my opinion, we had a better program than they did.  One girl had to pay for her own rent for her apartment.  LVC takes care of that for you; you just have to pay for normal tuition.  London’s rent is ridiculous.  If I had to pay for it on my own, I don’t know if I would have been ever been able to spend money on anything else.  I also thought that our accommodations were much nicer than other students’.  We had a lot more freedom living in actual apartments rather than living in student housing like they did. 






I can honestly say that I feel more prepared for “the real world” now that I have lived in London.  I could easily navigate through the city by myself towards the end of the trip, and it felt incredible to be that independent.  I would never have dreamed of flying and trying to go through an airport by myself, but I flew to and from England on my own.  I am so much more confident now, and I think I know myself a little bit better.  Going through an experience like that definitely shows you who you really are.  I would encourage, no, PLEAD with every young person I know to at least consider studying abroad.  You won’t regret it.


Scotland Highlands
Tower Bridge





Big Ben

Eiffel Tower

Stonehenge
National Gallery at Trafalgar Square



London Eye

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting idea for a blog! It really shows studying abroad can change a student's life and him or her for the real world! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also studied abroad in London and loved it! I would definitely encourage everyone to consider studying abroad too

    ReplyDelete